At GDi, our motto and mission is „Creating efficiencies, stimulating growth“. Our industry-focused technology solutions and products help optimize work processes and improve productivity for our clients. Today, the main focus of our products is on intelligent assets, operations and resources, smart data, and smart platforms. We aim is to drive the innovation of our business technology in line with the latest industry trends and standards. We believe in offering quality solutions that can create a significant impact
GDi is a company for people who truly want to work as a team to make a difference, contribute to their environment, act with social responsibility and achieve personal satisfaction and fulfillment.
We are looking for an experienced Database Engineer with advanced skills in SQL to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our SQL database systems. As an integral part of our team, you will optimize our database systems while ensuring that our company's data is stored securely and efficiently.
What will you do?
- Design, develop, and implement SQL database instances for our development and production systems
- Work with our development team to optimize database usage, create efficient queries, and improve performance
- Develop and implement data standards and procedures to ensure data integrity and security.
- Troubleshoot database-related issues and work to minimize database downtime and performance degradation
- Provide input into the strategic planning and decision-making regarding our database technology and infrastructure
- Manage and monitor existing database infrastructure, while always keeping an eye on future scalability
- 5+ years of database engineering experience, with advanced SQL skills
- Proficient in designing, writing, and optimizing SQL code and designing stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, and constraints
- Knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Proficient in database partitioning, clustering, and indexing to optimize performance
- Demonstrable skills with data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with the latest database technologies and trends
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Nice to Have
- Education in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Certifications in SQL or other relevant areas.
- Experience in MSSQL (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience in writing SQL scripts for data migration and synchronization
- Experience in cloud database technologies such as Azure SQL, AWS RDS, etc.
- Experience in NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, etc.)
Few more reasons to apply
- An international and professional business environment with a friendly team atmosphere and knowledge-sharing culture
- Opportunity for continuous development and learning through internal seminars, education, and conferences
- Potential to grow within a dynamic team, in a company expanding globally
- Competitive salary according to your experience
- Various team activities including the GDi board game events and group sports based on your interests - tennis, football and basketball
- If group sports are not for you, we offer a subsidized MultiSport card
- Flexible working hours and remote work whenever you need it