We are LEAPWISE, a B2B software development company, serving modern enterprises and startups with a strong company culture focused on professional growth and exceptional code.
The company is focused on producing cost-effective, open source, no third license, comprehensive, and competitive modular products by offering its expertise and services from inception to closure of the projects.
We prefer quality over quantity. Professionalism. We know that having too many projects at the same time will not lead to successful results. A lot of attention is given to details. There is a genuine passion for clean software development and a drive to keep up with ever-evolving technologies.
Our team would like to hire a Senior Java Software Engineer, in charge of our backend architecture and development. We prefer a team player, with a strong sense of accountability and determination.
- Be a part of a dynamic team responsible for the implementation of highly complex back-end systems
- Lead, coordinate and manage by example a small team of mid-level developers
- Participate in creative and challenging design tasks
- Write clean and well-structured java code according to code quality guidelines
- Adhere to design principles and patterns
- Provide technical documentation
- Be actively involved in the continuous improvement of our software development processes
Qualifications & experience:
- 5 years of work experience with software development and some experience as a team leader or coordinator if possible
- Strong, organized written and verbal communication in English
- Genuine passion for clean software development and motivation to learn new technologies
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in IT, CS, or related technical degree
- Experience with Java/JEE and software design patterns
- Experience in the following and similar technologies/frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, Redisson, Camel, JMS (ActiveMQ)
- Experience with Linux shell
- Experience with databases (PostgreSQL and MongoDB)
- Experience with tools for version control (Git) and CI (GitLab CI, Jenkins)
- Experience with Scrum, preferably scrum master certification acquired
- Experience in the Atlassian Suite (Confluence/JIRA)
- Experience with build and dependency management tools, such as Maven/Gradle is a plus
- Experience in collaborating with the product team and passion for team mentoring and leading
- Experience with Responsive design experience with tools: JIRA, Confluence, etc.
What we offer:
- Mentorship by our Head of Development
- External training by Java Champions
- Relevant certificates covered including OCA, OCP, Scrum Master, Prince 2, and others
- Internal library of all relevant literature
- 1on1 foreign language lessons
- X-mas, Easter, and Referral incentives
- Support for newborns & kindergarten
- A minimum of 25 days of vacation
- Adequate working stations with height adjustable tables and ergonomic chairs
- Bespoke equipment incl. Macbooks, headphones, ergonomic MX keyboards
- Weekly football and other sports initiatives
- Office breakfast goodies and well-balanced lunch every day
- 360 onboarding and development plan including relevant certification and career goals to step it up
- Continuous onsite and offsite education
- Pay&Perks to feel appreciated and motivated. We try to provide as much as possible, so you don't need to spend your salary during working hours.
- Office hours flexibility. We have our daily stand-ups religiously, and most people like to work in the office because we get along well and like the atmosphere.
- Hybrid work and flexible working hours implied
- We practice a hybrid work model
Our employees choose us because they want to be bold developers, perks are just add-ons. We don't complicate when it comes to the hiring process - with the first interview, we get introduced and talk about our projects, products, and experiences. A small assignment is next and a follow-up interview with our team to assess your skills and get to know you better, and if we are well-matched, there is an offer.
If you want to get to know us better and learn about the working environment and benefits we offer, feel free to apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!