We believe that manufacturing is in need of a new, flexible, future-proof way to adapt to the uncertainties and individual customer demands of an ever-changing global economy. That's why we're committed to driving the world's transition to a flexible, efficient, and sustainable way of manufacturing.
• MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
• 3+ years experience in at least one of the following: robotics research, motion planning and control (e.g., trajectory optimization, planning under uncertainty, probabilistic robotics, optimal control, navigation and control, etc.), data analysis at scale, machine learning at scale.
• Proven experience programming in modern C++ and Python3 as well as the ability to develop robust, multi-threaded, and efficient code.
• Expert knowledge of solving real-world problems using geometry and linear algebra.
• Experience with embedded Linux and real-time systems.
• Experience with simulation, short time to market cycles and data-driven development.
• Passion about autonomous mobile robots.
• Self-starter that is able to work both independently and in cooperation with a larger team.
• Ability to adapt to change.
The aim of this job is design, implement, test, and productize high-level functions for mobile robots together with other robotics engineers in an agile environment.
• Prototype and deploy robust and reliable solutions to main problems, such as perception (laser & 3d camera), mission planning, and controls.
• Use our data pipelines to develop, evaluate, and improve algorithms.
• Quantify the performance and safety characteristics of an autonomous mobile robot.
• Contribute to our framework (communications, threading, logging) and tools (re-/simulation, data analyzers).
• Design and perform automated and integration tests in order to ensure product quality of software releases.
You get a lot.