Very Big Things (VBT), an international award-winning digital product agency is looking for Mid-level/Senior Project managers/Scrum masters. We have offices in the US (Miami), Croatia (Zagreb), and Ukraine (Odessa) with our core business being the development of web and/or mobile platforms we create for our US clients. We are hiring for our Zagreb (Croatia) office - this is NOT a remote position.
What does a Project manager/Scrum master in VBT do? Well, they are in a position of leading a great team in building an exceptional product that would solve someone’s problem and make life easier – in an agile way, within a realistic estimate and in a reasonable time, while keeping the team motivated and the client satisfied. The PM/SM is in charge of managing all work on the project - coordinating between the account manager, developers, and designers, making sure everything is on track, and ensuring things stay that way. If things do complicate over time, the PM/SM is there to take appropriate steps to get the project team going in the right direction again.
Our main focus is building kickass web/mobile apps and platforms as well as VR experiences. Some of the awesome and challenging projects we’ve built that make a difference include:
- helping a client with digital transformation by building a telehealth platform enabling them to provide healthcare to thousands of users in the time of global health crisis
- building a mobile app for the premier boat rental company in Florida, allowing users to effortlessly rent a boat from the palm of their hand
- helping the #1 health-tech company provide clarity in a global crisis by building a COVID-19 Map using complex data to help individuals make critical decisions for themselves, their families, and their employees
- building a first-ever real-time all-inclusive wellness application, providing everyone with an elegant and simple solution to living a healthier life
- a peer-to-peer platform connecting college students to the elderly, solving life's problems. Like taking out the trash, walking the dog, or having a pleasant conversation.
For additional info on our projects check out our website: https://verybigthings.com/
Očekivanja od tebe na ovoj poziciji
First, we want to demystify mixing the Project Manager & Scrum Master roles into one. In VBT we provide our Scrum Masters a broader project management picture, so if you are interested in that mix of responsibilities, you are at the right place.
PM/SM's responsibilities the way we see them:
- full understanding of the business need - why, what, how, and when
- being in front of the project, having full control, and always being one step ahead
- project planning, replanning, and deliverables
- ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- project budget tracking (hours, FTEs, money, etc.)
- well defined user stories and tasks with estimates
- taking the lead on project communication and escalating any blockers/unknowns that are out of their power to handle
- working closely with the project’s Product Owner to handle backlog and new requests as well as with Delivery Team in planning and executing a scope on projects you are assigned to
- motivating the team and understanding your team’s dynamics and needs, and also helping your team deliver value by providing them with support
- guide development teams to higher Scrum maturity
- help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
- managing stakeholders’ expectations and risk management