We are on the lookout for a driven and talented Mid/Senior digital designer to become part of our dynamic interdisciplinary team. A T-shaped person with the ability to navigate across UX and UI, with strong visual design skills.
Joining us as a Product Designer means stepping into exciting international startup projects where you will be in charge of the core product design features for various digital products. You will oversee existing products and lead the development of MVPs from initial concept to final delivery. As part of a close-knit product team, you will interact with users and stakeholders to translate their needs into functional product features with engaging visual interfaces.
On a personal note, we are looking for a problem solver with a proactive ‘get things done’ attitude, who has confident and strong communication skills, thrives in fast-paced collaborative environments and is always eager to learn and embrace new challenges.
What will make you great at this job:
- Ability to design clear, elegant, and engaging interfaces in different product environments (websites, platforms, mobile apps)
- The ability to build prototypes and perform a usability study
- Knowledge of UX best practices; ability to produce wireframes, user journeys, and personas
- Ability to use Figma to produce new components for design systems, patterns, and journeys that are scalable, customer-centric, and business goals-oriented
- Additional experience with tools in the designer toolbox: Adobe Suite, Webflow, or similar no-code solutions are a plus
- Great collaboration skills in working with product managers, engineers, and other designers
- A data-driven mindset; knowledge of how to set up design goals and analyze existing data
- The ability and motivation to keep up with trends and best practices in web and mobile design
- A drive to promote and evangelize exceptional design across the company and outside the company
- The ability to pitch, educate, and define your design decisions to stakeholders
- The ability to give articulated and constructive feedback to team members
- An ego-less mindset; the ability to receive and translate feedback and iterate on designs with the client or team members
- Actively participating in collaborative workshops with clients and team members, and occasionally facilitating the workshops
However, you absolutely must have:
- Advanced knowledge of Figma when building and using design systems and prototypes
- Clear written and verbal communication in English
- Experience and understanding of startup environments and product development
- 3 years or more of bringing digital products to life, ideally in a startup, agency, or consulting environment
- Portfolio demonstrating your skills
Why you'll enjoy working at d.labs:
- We collaborate on interesting international projects, trying to make a real difference
- We are a remote-first organization, with coworkers from 10 different locations in the CET time zone
- If you are from Slovenia then our development center in Ljubljana and a coworking office in Maribor will be available to you at all times, making it your choice to work from home or the office
- We work flexible working hours and have a relaxed working environment
- Instead of the traditional top-down hierarchy, we use tribes, and competencies to run our business (adapted from the Spotify model)
- Our teams are cross-functional, focused on one project at a time, and include developers, product managers, QA engineers, DevOps engineers and product designers, ensuring a collaborative and creative environment
- We are proud of our teamwork and enjoy working with one another
- Our senior experts and managers will be your mentors and allies in helping you achieve your goals
- We offer fair pay, a transparent career and promotion plan
- We have regular monthly 1 on 1 meetings with our managers
- Our strong HR team is focused on our well-being, connectedness & development
- We love our events like multiple team buildings per year, Summer off-site, the New Year’s party, etc., both in person or, if this isn’t possible, online
Send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org and Staša Tovornik will get in touch with you asap!
After the first screening, we love to meet face to face, usually via a video chat, so that we can learn more about each other. If we see there is a mutual interest, we will ask you to spend some more time with us so we can get to know your skills better and showcase our culture and way of work to you.