Very Big Things (VBT), an international award-winning digital product agency is looking for Senior and Lead Clojure developers. We have offices in the US (Miami), Croatia (Zagreb) and Ukraine (Odessa) with our core business being the development of web and/or mobile apps we create for our US clients - most of them greenfield.
As an agency, we have different clients with different problems, making work at VBT always dynamic and exciting. Apart from the work, another thing that sets us apart is our tech stack which leans towards functional programming, and therefore our language of choice for the BE team is Clojure.
Our main focus is building kickass web/mobile apps and platforms as well as VR experiences. Some of the awesome and challenging projects we’ve built that make a difference include:
- helping a client with digital transformation by building a telehealth platform enabling them to provide healthcare to thousands of users in the time of global health crisis
- building a mobile app for the premier boat rental company in Florida, allowing users to effortlessly rent a boat from the palm of their hand
- helping the #1 health-tech company provide clarity in a global crisis by building a COVID-19 Map using complex data to help individuals make critical decisions for themselves, their families, and their employees
- building a first-ever real-time all-inclusive wellness application, providing everyone with an elegant and simple solution to living a healthier life
- peer-to-peer platform connecting college students to the elderly, solving life's problems. Like taking out the trash, walking the dog, or having a pleasant conversation.
Očekivanja od tebe na ovoj poziciji
Even if you have no knowledge of Clojure but have the willingness to learn, try out something new and a strong foundation in another language feel free to apply - our senior team is top-notch experts and will gladly help you master Clojure.
BE developers responsibilities as we see them:
- Building APIs for frontend developers
- Integrating various 3rd party systems (like payment systems, authorization systems, etc.)
- Analyzing and breaking down features into tasks and components
- developing and implementing the required feature
- knowing when to hand off smaller tasks to junior colleagues as a mentoring/learning opportunity for them
- Clear and direct communication with project managers and other project team members
- Recognizing when there are issues in work and either escalating or working together to solve the issues
- Providing estimates to the best of their ability
- PR review based collaboration and mentorship
What you will be doing:
- Shipping Clojure code
- Collaborating using Github (including code reviews)
- API design and implementation (GraphQL and REST)
- Relational database design
- Setting up and maintaining build and deployment pipelines